We pride ourselves on years of successful surgical experience. Our clean and spacious Palos Verdes clinic understands the close bond that people form with their pets. Our professional, well-equipped veterinarians are committed to providing the highest quality surgical and medical care to help your pets lead healthier, happier lives.
We offer all routine surgeries at P.V. Village Pet Hospital, as well as surgeries for more specific needs. Some surgeries include:
- Spay & Neuter (see below)
- Soft-Tissue Surgery
- Oral Surgery
At PV Village Pet Hospital, your pet is an important member of your family, and we treat each patient as if they are part of ours. Contact us today for a free pet consultation.
Spay & Neuter
On February 12, 2008, the City Council of Los Angeles gave final approval to a new law that requires all cats and dogs in the City to be spayed or neutered after the age of four months, with some specific exemptions allowed.
Why Spay/Neuter is Good For Our Pets
Spaying and neutering are safe, simple surgeries that prevent animals from reproducing. Females are spayed; males are neutered.
One unneutered male can impregnate dozens of females. Therefore, it is just as important to neuter males as it is to spay females. Accidents happen when you least expect them.
Spaying and neutering reduces or eliminates the risk of certain types of cancer that can kill your pet or be expensive to treat.
Spaying and neutering may eliminate undesirable behaviors such as fighting, spraying, and roaming.
Key Facts About the Spay/Neuter Law
- Applies to all dogs and cats over four months of age, unless exempted. (See “Exemptions”)
- Violations are subject to three levels of increasing fines, starting at $100, to urge compliance.
- Upon the second violation, animals are subject to mandatory sterilization.
- After multiple violations, non-compliance is a misdemeanor.
- Maintaining an intact dog requires both meeting the requirements for an exemption AND obtaining an intact license.
Information was retrieved from LA Animal Services. Visit www.laanimalservices.com for more information