We all know that nutrition is one of the most important factors in maintaining good health. Just like people, proper nutrients are necessary for every organ system in your pet’s body to function properly. Nutritional deficiencies as well as excesses are a major problem in veterinary medicine.
- Over 60% of the pets are over the age of 3 are overweight.
- Maintaining a pet at his/her ideal body weight can improve life expectancy by up to 20%.
- Most skin problems have a nutritional component to them.
- Pets can become hypersensitive (allergic) to feeds with too much waste product or additives.
- Many gastrointestinal disturbances can be linked in inappropriate diet.
- Nutritional issues are the number one cause of medical problems in captive birds and reptiles.
When PV Village Pet Hospital examines your pet, we will evaluate their nutritional status and make specific recommendations regarding proper nutrition for your pet. We have a variety of prescription diets for each life stage and medical condition that we may be faced with.